What is IREM®?
The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) celebrated its 80th anniversary and has moved into its 45th year in Nashville. For more than seven decades, IREM has been the source for education, resources, information and membership for real estate management professionals. An affiliate of the National Association of Realtors, IREM is the only professional real estate management association serving both the multi-family and commercial real estate sectors. With 80 U.S. chapters, eight international chapters and several other partnerships around the globe, IREM is an international organization that also serves as an advocate on issues affecting the real estate management industry
Membership includes more than 18,000 individual members and 500 corporate members. IREM promotes ethical real estate management practices through its credentialed membership programs, including the Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation, the Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) certification, the Accredited Commercial Manager certification and the Accredited Management Organization (AMO) accreditation. These esteemed credentials certify competence and professionalism for those engaged in real estate management. In addition, IREM offers Associate, Student and Academic memberships.
Collectively, IREM CPM Members in the United States manage over $1.5 trillion in real estate assets, including 8.4 million residential units and 8.4 billion net square feet of commercial space. An additional 977,400 residential units are managed by IREM ARM Members.IREM Members are employed by some of the most prestigious real estate firms in the world and nearly 70% hold upper-level management positions. Due to their professionalism and vast experience, property owners and investors worldwide continually seek out the management services of IREM Members. Please visit the pages on this web site to learn more or go to www.irem.org.
IREM Is The Right Source For Real
Estate Managers Because We:
- Serve the needs of all real estate management professionals managers of multifamily housing, office buildings, and shopping centers; site managers, property supervisors, property managers, asset managers, and management company owners.
- Are dedicated to educating and identifying real estate managers who are, first and foremost, committed to meeting the needs of real estate owners and investors.
- Offer flexible, customizable, skill-based education that lets you design a learning program that’s right for your experience level, your background, your needs, your schedule, and your budget.
- Train more than 6,000 real estate management professionals each year not only throughout the United States and Canada but around the world.
- Confer the industry’s most recognized designation for real estate management professionals – Certified Property Manager® (CPM®).
- Recognize residential managers through the Accredited Residential Manager® (ARM®) program.
- Set the standard for real estate management companies by identifying the best in the business as Accredited Management Organization® (AMO®) firms.
- Have Codes of Professional Ethics that are rigidly enforced, setting IREM designees apart from all others in the real estate industry.
- Provide real estate management professionals with current, complete, and relevant informational resources, including a comprehensive line of books, research studies, monographs, periodicals, and forms.
- Advocate legislative positions that are in the best interest of real estate managers and management companies.
- Are more than just an education and membership organization we’re a network of committed professionals throughout the world.